Saturday, August 7, 2010

Panasonic ES8109S Vortex Electric Shaver

In this article I'll be writing about the Panasonic Vortex ES8109, and the reason for that is because that's the shaver I currently use.
 
Having sensitive skin made me try many other brands of electric shavers in the past, from Norelco to Braun and older Panasonic models, but at the end, I had resigned myself to just trim my beard every other day.
A few months ago, I started feeling that trimming my beard was no longer good for me, so I did an intensive online research about shavers, and let me tell you, it wasn't easy, there are MANY types of shavers in the market, and finding the right one is a tough job.
 
From all the reviews and shaver ratings, it all came down to foil shavers and more specifically, to 2 brands: Braun vs Panasonic. After a lot of reviews reading,  I finally decided to go for the ES8109 after a special price Amazon had a few months ago.
 
Why the Panasonic?
 
There are several reasons for that, the most obvious one is it's price, at that time (2 months ago), I paid around $80 for it with free shipping and no taxes, what a no brainer! The average price right now is about $100 shipped with no tax, and that's still a great price, specially if you compare it to the much more expensive Braun 790cc series, which costs around $220.


The speed, 13,000 RPM for the Panasonic's motor Vs the 10,000 microvibrations per minute for the Braun.
The reviews, both have an almost perfect 4.5 out of 5 in Amazon, so why would I pay double for the Braun shaver.
I took a chance, Amazon offers returns for 30 days... I didn't have anything to lose.

I have to say that I'm really satisfied with this product, the one thing I dislike about it, is the fact that the manufacture recommends cleaning it by using the special cleaning system provided... that's totally unnecessary, this shaver works wet or dry, meaning that you can fully rinse it in the sink. I now enjoy shaving at nights, no more razor bumps or cuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment