Monday, January 31, 2011

Panasonic ES8109S Vortex Wet Dry Electric Shaver Review

I've been using the Panasonic es8109s for about 4 months now, which is long enough to really take it through its paces from an everyday usage perspective and want to focus in on a couple of aspects that I think are a real step up from my previous electric shavers.

Price

I picked mine up for just under $70, which I know is a bit more than you can get them for today as prices have fallen in recent months, but that was then and now is now. There is still a great deal of difference in prices for exactly the same model and I have seen prices as high as $100 and then right down to $45, so it really is worth spending an extra couple of minutes finding a better price. You can check out the link at the end of this review for some of the better prices around.

A Close Shave

Everyone is different as to what they think is the most important capability that a great electric shaver should offer, but for me it really needs to give me a close shave, which was the main reason that I upgraded to the es8109s from my previous model. I had a rotary shaver before, so moving over to this foil shaver took a little bit of getting used to. Nevertheless, from the very first shave, it was incredible how much closer it shaved my thicker growth. Even after discounting the fact that the shaver was spanking new and working with optimal cutting ability the shave was unbelievably close.

Even after 4 months of usage, the shave is still as close as I certainly need on an everyday basis. I'm sure it could be improved further if I wasn't so lazy and actually carried out the recommended thorough clean. In honesty though, I used to use a Mach3 manual stick and the shave from the es8109s doesn't quite give as close a shave, which I don't think any electric razor will do for some time, but it does come pretty darn close.

Speed of Shave

The shaver that I had before my previous model, I only used for about a month before replacing it solely due to the fact that to get a decent shave and all of the straggling hairs just took way too long. I don't generally leave much time in the mornings before scrambling to work, so I really need a shaver that I can simply and quickly use to give me the close shave that I need without leaving behind clumps of stranded hairs.

Panasonic claims that the 'exceptional' speed of shave that the es8109s gives is due to the improved and much faster motor. They are probably right, but all I know and care about is that it takes a fraction of the time compared with any other shaver that I have used before.

Shaving Burn and Bumps

I've always had over sensitive skin and previous electric shavers and manual sticks have mostly ended up causing my face to burn and become ultra sensitive for about an hour or so after shaving. This Panasonic has made a huge improvement and whilst looking for a new shaver, I didn't really know that different shavers will cause different levels of shaving sensitivity and discomfort.

I think one of the main reasons that it causes such little, if any irritation to my skin is because I don't have to constantly go over the same areas continuously trying to pick up and shave stranded patches of hairs. This coupled with Panasonic's nano technology foil head (it picks up more hairs better and cuts them closer!) is probably the reason for this vast improvement in my shaving comfort levels.

Tags : Cash Loans Payday

No comments:

Post a Comment